Monday, April 10, 2017

The Everglades Ride

The awesome thing about moving to a new state is that there are so many new things to do and try!  I had not yet been to the Everglades or Everglades City.  Every year there is a mountain bike ride from Everglades City followed by an awesome seafood lunch. The ride goes down gravel roads and we took a few detours down some two tracks and a small section of single track.  I couldn't believe how "jungle-ey" the forest felt.  Especially in that single track section.  I've been to Kauai many times and it felt a lot like Hawaii!  We ended up riding about 40 miles.  There was a big group of us and we stuck together most of the day.  I think my favorite part was visiting the gator pond.  I have never seen so many Gators in one place! Enjoy the photos.



Look closely, those are all Gator Heads in the water!!


Cabin in the Everglades with a Dock leading to the Gator Pond


Our Group at the Cabin


It was a super hot and humid day!  The dust stuck to us everywhere!


Some of my Naples Velo friends who have never been on mountain bikes!


The girls!


The start line!

No comments:

Post a Comment