Thursday, October 5, 2017

Moab UT

The second day of the trip we headed for Moab Utah.  I have never been to Moab! I normally hate riding in the car but as we traveled along the road following the Colorado River, I just couldn't get enough. The red rock and canyon walls were just amazing. We did not spend any time sitting around, there was just too much to see. We went to Arches National Park and climbed on the rocks and checked out the views.

 There are also tons of Jeep Trails that you can go on.  We rented a lifted Jeep and took it to a trail called Fin N Things.
We checked out the Slickrock bike trail.  I know it's a Moab classic but I have to say, it really wasn't my favorite.  There were a lot of punchy climbs....and well, we know how much I love climbing-not! I rode around the warm up loop and that was plenty for me! I'm glad I can say "I've been there, done that" but no need to do it again. 
Also in Moab I rode the Moab Brand Trails.  There were sections of this that I loved! Fast and technical enough to keep things interesting but not too difficult.  I did take a wrong turn and ended up on a long trail of slickrock.  I am so glad I had a full suspension bike.  The rocks were just beating me to death. 


I, of course, rode "The Whole Enchilada"  I will do a separate post for this one!






No comments:

Post a Comment