Thursday, February 9, 2017

Florida Trails

A week of trails! Normally I like to get two road rides in per week. It's not my favorite type of training but I know it makes me faster! This week the times of the group road rides didn't work out for me so I had a great time visiting the mtb trails all week!
Monday-Quarry Ride. Sometimes with mountain biking you head out and feel like you have no skill! That was Monday. I fell and ripped my tights open. Sigh
Tuesday-I did a recovery ride on the MTB. Just scouting around my neighborhood looking for two tracks to ride. I don't like to be on the busy roads by myself.
Wednesday-I met Jen and our friend Rob at CRP. We had a great time! I needed a hard ride so I set out to try and get some PR's! I did!! Feels good to be getting faster!
Thursday-Quarry Night Ride. I came early so I could practice teaching my dog Kai to run the trails with me. He's doing good! Then I headed out for a lap in the daytime with Joe and Jen. Those two are crazy fast here at the Quarry. Again, more PR's!! I was able to hang on to them for ALMOST the full loop. They crushed me in some of the technical areas at the end.
Friday-I've been dying to get back to Northport to ride. I took the morning off and headed up there with Jen and TJ. This place is a full body workout! Roots, roots, and more roots! We had a great time and more PR's!




Saturday-A race called the "Tour de Picayune" is coming up on March 4. It's a 50 mile race in the Picayune Strand Forest. It's a brutal trail of some single track and some super sandy two tracks. Saturday there was a large group ride there to familiarize riders with the trail. It is very tricky to find your way around the 26 mile loop! The markers are hard to spot. This was a great day on the trails and there were so many new faces! I couldn't believe all of the mountain bikers that showed up! Florida doesn't have nearly as large of a mountain bike community as Michigan so it was exciting for me to see a big group!





Great week on the trails! My knees are scratched up, I'm covered in bruises, and I am TIRED!

No comments:

Post a Comment